Get to Know the Drum!
Introduction to Drumming, Energy and the Chakras
1st workshop in the series
Class meets on Saturdays at 3pm EST
8 Class Workshop Series
Tutor: Eric Olson
Language of Instruction: English
This course is the Introduction to a series of workshops designed to connect you with the power of the drum, its vibrations, and energy. The drum is the Heartbeat of the Universe and you can use that energy to connect with your ancestors, your guides, and create positive change. This first workshop will introduce you to the drum, how to play it, how many different kinds there are, and its history. You will also be given exercises to get more familiar with the drum and its voice. You will also have a brief introduction to the concept of Energy and the Chakras.
It is not necessary for you to have a drum, but you might want to get one after you attend this workshop!
- Introduction to the Drum
- Types of Drums
- Playing Styles
- Introduction to Energy and the Chakras
- Exercises and Group Play
Workshop will continue as an 8-month Get to Know the Drum series. You can take one or take them all – best to take them all, sequentially for greatest continuity in the series.
- Get to Know the Drum – Introduction to Drumming, Rhythm and the Chakras
- The Rhythm of Base – Basics of Rhythm and the Base Chakra
- The Rhythm of Relationships – Basics of Rhythm and the Sacral Chakra
- The Rhythm of You – Basics of Rhythm and the Solar Plexus Chakra
- The Rhythm of Heart – Basics of Rhythm and the Heart Chakra
- The Rhythm of Voice – Basics of Rhythm and the Throat Chakra
- The Rhythm of Sight – Basics of Rhythm and the Third Eye Chakra
- The Rhythm of the Universe – Basics of Rhythm and the Crown Chakra
You may pay for the series in full for a discount, in prearranged payments or per a workshop.